Being an entrepreneur and being hospitable at the same time can sometimes seem antithetical. Having an open home for friends and family can seem daunting, but with a few practical steps it can certainly be more efficient.
One way to limit clean-up time is the entertain outside.
Texas seasons can be extreme, with hardly any in-between temperatures. No matter where you live, though, often the best times for outdoor entertaining is either mornings or evenings.
Do you have a group of moms who enjoy getting together with their kiddos? Take the morning off and use some of these ideas for a fun-filled time with a friend and their little one.
- Host a morning coffee date! Serve some iced coffee and let the kiddos play. Invite the moms to bring their own snacks for their little ones and some lawn chairs and enjoy time for fellowship.
- Host a breakfast date! Set out some simple breakfast items like fruit, quiche, and bagels. Spread out blankets for kids and lawn chairs for moms.
- Host a water play date! Invite your friends and their littles to put on their swimsuits and play in the sprinkler or kiddie pool! Offer lemonade or herbal tea for refreshment and invite any who are willing to bring a snack to share.
Do you have family or close friends that live nearby? Evenings are great for getting the whole family together. Here are some fun ideas.
- Host a dessert night. Make something fun like homemade ice cream or strawberry shortcake and invite someone over after dinner. There’s much less pressure when you don’t have to make a meal for everyone.
- In the fall try a campfire night where you roast hot dogs and then make s’mores!
- Host a game night. Meet at the park and grill your dinner. Afterwards, play a big game of kickball or softball.
There are lots of ways to fill your calendar with opportunities for fun and fellowship that don’t require a ton of energy, and it’s worth every ounce of energy that is spent in preparation.
Wishing you lots of meaningful time,